- To establish a network of support for consultants, co-ordinators and principals in Religious Education and Family Life Education.
- To contribute to the development of curriculum in Religious Education and Family Life
- To hold an annual conference for leaders in Religious Education and Family Life education.
- To develop education and training opportunities for leaders in Religious Education and Family Life Education.
- To fund the development and promotion of educational resources in Religious Education and Family Life Education.
- To inform our members of ongoing activities and concerns.
- To maintain an electronic network of communications for Religious Education and Family Life educators including the maintenance of a website.
CARFLEO was formed by the amalgamation of CRECO (Catholic Religious Education Consultants of Ontario) and OCFLEN (Ontario Catholic Family Life Educators Network).
Founded in 1975, CRECO was established to support Religious Education Consultants throughout the province of Ontario. Through its advocacy, conferences and curriculum development, CRECO furthered the cause of Catholic Education in the Province of Ontario.
OCFLEN (Ontario Catholic Family Life Educators Network) was committed to the advancement and improvement of Family Life Education in Catholic schools.
Founded in 1995, OCFLEN hosted several conferences dedicated to Family Life education issues; published several newsletters and developed a web site.
In the 2002-3 academic year, the two organizations joined to create CARFLEO (Catholic Association of Religious and Family Life Educators of Ontario). A new executive was elected at the April 29, 2004 AGM in Ottawa.
In the summer of 2005 CREO (Catholic Religious Educators of Ontario) merged with CARFLEO to form a single association dedicated to Religious and Family Life Education in Ontario.
- Paul Beaudette (Outgoing Chair) ... BeaudetteP@hwcdsb.ca
- Janet Bentham … Janet.Bentham@ocsb.ca
- Joe Bezzina (Incoming Chair) ... email@example.com
- Ann Boniferro ... firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sr. Pat Carter CSJ... email@example.com (Treasurer)
- Sherry Chapman ... firstname.lastname@example.org
- Peter Crane ... email@example.com
- Nancy Davie ... firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marylin Dawson... marylin.Dawson@wcdsb.ca (Secretary)
- Derek McEachen ... email@example.com
- Sharron McKeever ... firstname.lastname@example.org
- Les Miller ... email@example.com (Website)
- John Podgorski ... firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joanna Newton ... Joanna.Newton@dpcdsb.org
- Mark Siolek ... email@example.com
- Mary Ann Takacs ... firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the Carfleo Constitution (Word Document)
Download the Carfleo Constitution (PDF Document)
CRECO AWARD recipients:
- 1975 Sr. Sheila McAuliffe, CND
- 1976 Martin Jeffrey
- 1977 Sr. Catherine Fenn, CSJ
- 1978 Sr. St. Maurice, OSU
- 1979 Sr. Mary Hamilton, CND
- 1980 Margaret Walder
- 1981 Dr. Mary Malone
- 1982 Chris Asseff
- 1982 Rev. P.M. Horrigan
- 1983 Noel Cooper
- 1984 Sr. Norine Connely , CSJ
- 1985 Sr. Elaine Dunn , CSJ
- 1986 Ron & Mary Deleski
- 1987 Fr. Frank Ruetz, C.R.
- 1988 Muriel Loftus
- 1989 Joanne Chafe
- 1990 Sr. Marie Taylor, SSND
- 1990 Walter Bildstein
- 1991 Ted Schmidt
- 1992 Fr. Bill Russell
- 1993 Sr. Joan Cronin , CSIC
- 1994 John Prokopitch
- 1995 John Podgorski
- 1996 Terri Kudirka
- 1997 Frances Kelly
- 1998 Jerry Creedon
- 1999 Gerald Woodman
- 2000 Margie Ann McKinnon
- 2001 Heather Reid
- 2002 Mary Ann Takacs
- 2003 Sharron McKeever
- 2004 Doug Finbow
In 2005 we awarded our first Archbishop Pocock Award for excellence in Religious Education. Our Archbishop Pocock Award recipients:
- 2005 Tony Cuschieri
- 2006 Dwyer Sullivan
- 2007 Bronek Korczynski
- 2008 Larry Trafford
- 2009 Les Miller
- 2010 Tony Cosentino
- 2011 Joan Daly Martin
- 2012 Greg Rogers
- 2013 Sharon Gusz
- 2014 Janet Bentham
- 2015 Mark Siolek
- 2016 Joe Bezzina
- 2017 Al Dufour
The Fr. Angus MacDougall S.J. Award is awarded to those making outstanding contributions in Catholic Family Life Education in Ontario. Our Fr. Angus MacDougall S.J. Award recipients:
- 2000 Sister Marie Taylor, SSND
- 2001 Mary Baier
- 2002 Patrick Gallagher
- 2003 John Podgorski
- 2004 Diana Scahill
- 2005 Ralph Peter
- 2006 John Van Dommelen
- 2007 Peter Crane
- 2008 Rita Mary Cote
- 2009 Shelley McKenzie
- 2010 Dave Szollosy
- 2011 Bishop Paul-André Durocher
- 2012 Mary Ann Takacs
- 2013 Katharine Stevenson
- 2014 Leanne Thompson
- 2015 Michael Way Skinner
- 2016 Kevin Welbes Godin
- 2017 Teresa Hartnett